SERVING THE YOUTH OF RENFREW COUNTY
‘YOUR STEPPING STONE TOWARDS INDEPENDANCE’
Located in Pembroke
Residential Program Supervisor: Tiffiny Hughes email@example.com 613 732-2791
Boys' Residence - 542 River Road
Girls' Residence/Main Office - 278 Nelson Street
Residents living at Columbus House attend an Educational Program on a regular basis. The program focuses on independent living skills, job
preparation and learning household responsibilities.
Eligibility - *This is a VOLUNTARY Program
* Between 16 and 21 years of age
* Attending or willing to return to an Educational Program
(ie. High School, Alternative School, Teen Compass Afternoon Skill Building Program or a combination of these choices)
* Able to live with up to five other youth
* Willing to assist with volunteer work in the community along side the other residents & staff
All Applicants - Please review the Teen Compass page as all of our residents participate in our Outdoor Leadership Program!
HOW TO APPLY TO BECOME A RESIDENT
1. Please click on the Admission Package link below to print a copy of the package and review.
2. Complete the Admission Package and contact us at 613 732-2791 to schedule an Intake Interview - Please bring your completed
Admission Package to this Interview
Columbus House provides 2 Emergency Beds (one male & one female) at the residences for the Renfrew County Safe Shelter for Youth Program.
If you are between the ages of 16yrs-21yrs and need to access an emergency bed, please call 613 735-6866 ext. 0 (during the week) and ask to
speak with the Safe Shelter for Youth Worker. On weekends please call 1-855-539-3014 and ask for assistance with the Safe Shelter Bed.
***The request for these beds must be made through the Safe Shelter Program!
TAKE A TOUR OF EACH RESIDENCE ...